Friday, March 14, 2008

I Arrive at the Kingdom of Ubuntu...

I've finally caved in.

After years of reading about the advantages of Linux over both Windows and OS X. Years of friends and fellow “techies” telling me that not only does “windows suck” but Linux is the greatest thing since sliced bread and more specifically, Ubuntu is the most incredible OS ever. So I decided to take the plunge. (after backing up many of my files to an external hard drive) I formated my drive and installed the most current release of Ubuntu, Gusty Gibbon. This wasn't the easiest of choices, as I have used Windows since the '95 days and changing operating systems isn't my idea of a nice vacation.


So here's what I'll be doing;

I have installed:

Ubuntu Release 7.10 (gusty)

Linux Kernel 2.6.22-14 generic

GNOME 2.20.0

My laptop:

Toshiba Satellite M115

Intel Celeron M CPU 420 @ 1.6 GHz

882.9 MB of RAM


Over the course of the next month, I'll be using Ubuntu as my day to day OS and provided I have something valid to say, I will post and let you know how it's coming along.

So until then, have fun.







No comments: